- Event attendees: 498
- Corporate & Government Representatives: 220+
- Certified WBEs in Attendance: 150+
- Speakers: 40
- Sponsors & Partners: 47
2020 President's Award: Accenture and Redwood Classics Apparel
2020 WBE Canada Champion: BDC
2020 Top Corporation in Supplier Diversity: RBC
2020 Top WBE Supplier: Wonderkind
2020 Most Improved Supplier Diversity Program: TD Bank
2020 WBE Leaders: Andrea Robinson | Marte Belisle | Maryse Benhoff | Michele Bailey
2020 Supplier Diversity Leader: Mike Pacholok, City of Toronto
2020 Rising Star: Staff Shop
Meet 2020 winners here
2020 Annual Conference Highlights
- WBE Canada hosted its 11th Conference in a virtual format - we were pleased to welcome Canadian WBEs, other certified diverse suppliers, women-owned businesses, corporate and government representatives, partner organizations, media representatives and others at our largest event yet.
- First Virtual Trade Show: In spite of virtual environment we successfully hosted our second tradeshow ever as we connected buyers, suppliers and champions
- First Virtual Awards Gala: WBE Canada celebrated its 11th Anniversary in a circle of friends, stakeholders and champions as we recognized top accomplishments in our community.
- 3-months long conference: Thanks to virtual format we we able to stretch Conference over the period of 3 months with a variety of pre and post conference events and workshops
- Attendees had an opportunity to participate in 9 focused breakout sessions led by industry experts on topics including sustainability, supplier diversity, productivity, leadership, communication, and other.
- To encourage engagement in virtual environment WBE Canada hosted Virtual Networking Party with 16 networking rooms on a variety of topics
- Entire Conference was recorded and recordings were available to the attendees for 2 months following the event.