- Event attendees: 200+
- Corporate & Government Representatives: 100+
- Certified WBEs in Attendance: 80+
- Speakers: 30
- Sponsors: 20
2018 Annual Conference Highlights
- WBE Canada was pleased to welcome Canadian WBEs, other certified diverse suppliers, women-owned businesses, corporate and government representatives, partner organizations, media representatives and others.
- Closed Door WBE Session: New in 2018, this session created space for open conversation among Certified WBEs (Women Business Enterprises). Led by Supplier Advisory Committee, this session helped form direction and programming at WBE Canada in 2019.
- Closed Door Corporate Member Session: Led by GM who celebrated 50 years in supplier diversity space in 2018, this session was a favourite by many corporate and government representatives who learned about tracking diversity spend, managing expectations and leading internal communications.
- WBE Canada officially announced its Conference Recertification Credit - a special discount for Certified WBEs who continue to invest in growing their business and themselves by attending the conference. All in attendance received a special credit towards their certification renewal in 2019. This credit will also apply for 2019 Annual Conference attendees.
- Attendees had an opportunity to participate in 9 focused breakout sessions led by industry experts on topics including legal, productivity, sales, marketing, innovation, and other topics.