Speaker applications are OPEN!
Event date: November 9-10, 2020
Accepting applications: through June 30, 2020
WBE Canada is seeking speaker applications for its 11th Annual Conference. All nominations are due June 30, 2020. Given the virtual format of the conference, applicants should be individuals who have experience engaging audiences in an online setting.
WBE Canada’s 2020 conference will focus on topics that are important to Canadian women-owned businesses, procurement and supplier diversity professionals and industry leaders. And because Canada, along with the rest of the world, has been in the grip of the Coronavirus Pandemic of 2020 for most of this year, there are several opportunities to share insights, strategies, supply chain innovations and partnerships that have literally sprung to life because of Covid-19.
We are looking for a diverse pool of speakers and presenters. Please review the opportunities and requirements carefully and apply for the opportunity which is the right fit for your skills and capabilities.
Our goal is to provide our conference attendees with interactive learning experiences. We are seeking applications from industry and category experts with upscale presentation skills. Our speakers will be carefully selected to ensure a diversity of topics for diverse audiences. You must be able to deliver teaching points in a concise and engaging way.
Each session will be 45 min. long - 5 minutes is allocated to speaker introduction, 30 min. for the presentation and 10 min. Q&A. Your topic should appeal to either women owned businesses, or corporate/government buyers, or other attendees from small business, corporate, government, or nonprofit environments. Keep in mind that the focus of our conference is on innovation. Whether you will be focusing on business, marketing, sales or supply chains, we expect you to share novel ideas and approaches relevant to today’s business environment.
Topics of interest include:
- Innovating Supply Chains and Supplier Diversity Programs
- Strategies To Help Businesses Adapt and Pivot
- Shifting to Relevant Marketing and Sales Strategies
- Up scaling Leadership Mindset and Approaches
WBE Canada’s 11th Conference will host two panels. To apply please submit a topic for consideration based on the following requirements:
- Supply Chain Innovation: We are looking for the presenters from our Corporate Member organizations to discuss changes in their supply chains, recent adjustments made impacting suppliers, achievements in their supply chains and improvements expected in the upcoming year.
- WBE Panel. We are looking for Certified WBEs. Share how you have been impacted, survived and most of all, adapted to the Coronavirus Pandemic.
There has been good come out of Covid-19. Corporations and certified WBEs coming together in time of crisis to answer the need. We are seeking submissions of buyer/supplier stories to feature during our Conference. These applications must be submitted in partnership between a Corporate Member and Certified WBE. Your submission should describe the story and success behind it - how did this partnership impact a WBE Company as well as a Corporate Member organization.
Our Virtual Networking Party needs hosts for each room. Corporate Members and Certified WBEs - consider hosting a Networking Party in one of our Zoom Lounges. We need expert networkers, engaging conversationalists, facilitators to host several virtual party rooms. To be considered, let us know what topic you would like to focus on in your party room, how you will keep attendees engaged, and what past experiences you have with hosting networking events.
Are you a WBE with a message to corporations/government? Are you a corporate/government representative with a message to WBEs or non-certified women owned businesses? Do you have a quick tip or recommendation you’d like to share with our community without having to host a session or be a panelist? Send us your video message (max. 1min!) and we might showcase it during our conference!
Proof of performance
In order to provide quality programming, WBE Canada seeks speakers and presenters who can deliver content on a wide range of skill levels, interest areas, and perspectives in an effective and engaging manner delivered to a virtual audience. Proof of performance is key to the selection of proposals and is required to complete the proposal. Accepted form of proof of performance is a Video Recording of the proposed speaker presenting a session to an audience and/or a Video Recording of the speaker delivering a presentation without a live audience. Other forms of proof DO NOT qualify as proof of performance.
- Content is original and/or the presenter is responsible for all trademark, copyright, and patent liabilities.
- Speakers must share their information in an educational, non-commercial and non-self-promotional manner. If you cannot avoid commercialism, please do not agree to speak at WBE Canada’s Conference.
- Speakers must provide session description for the conference website and collateral within a set time frame.
- Speakers must attend all planning calls as needed.
Benefits of Speaking at WBE Canada Conference:
- Your photo and bio prominently featured on the event website, establishing you and your company as trusted and respected experts
- Your session prominently featured in marketing outreach sent to thousands of prospects
- As a speaker, you will receive complimentary admission to the entire WBE Canada Conference (Nov.9-10, 2020)
- By presenting at this leading supplier diversity event, you instantly establish yourself as a leader at our largest conference yet
- Please note that WBE Canada does not offer honoraria. All expenses incurred are the responsibility of the speaker.
Are sessions live or pre-recorded?
WBE Canada Conference is a live experience. All the sessions will be delivered live.
What is the audience at WBE Canada Conference?
Our conference attracts Canadian women-owned businesses, procurement and supplier diversity professionals from corporations and governments from across Canada and the US. We also welcome leaders from a variety of associations, nonprofit and government organizations, as well as corporations who are not our Corporate Members.
What platform will WBE Canada use for its virtual conference?
We will be using Zoom technology. Speakers and presenters will be able to share their PPT presentations, they will be able to decide whether they want to be on camera or off camera. Expectation is that all panelists are on camera during panel presentations. Zoom technology offers a variety of engagement tools, including polling, chat and Q&A.
Are there exceptions to the submission deadline?
WBE Canada will NOT be accepting submissions after the deadline. Even if your topic idea is not fully formed, submit your initial idea for consideration and add a note that you will have more details upon project or pilot completion. Also indicate if the submission is on behalf of the organization and speaker name might change.
We’ve already submitted our application, but we’d like to change it. What should we do?
Simply submit a new application and indicate that this is an updated version and you’d like us to delete the previous version.
Who can I reach out to if I have additional questions about speaking opportunities at WBE Canada’s 2020 Conference?
You can send your questions to Judy Carswell at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be responding within 3 business days so please do not leave your questions to the last minute.